PACIFIC AUXILIARY FIRE ALARM CO. is seeking individuals to join our team as an Entry Level Fire Alarm Drafters and Designers.
Job Description: This is an Entry Level position. The individual will work directly under the Engineering Manager. The employee will learn how to productively use AutoCAD to design Fire Life Safety Systems.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings based on project requirements. Commonly use existing floor plans as baseline for product and device placements.
- Generate plans from site surveys or PDF drawings if no CAD drawings are available
- Produce final AutoCAD drawings that comply with given specifications and applicable codes and regulations.
- Prepare as-built drawings from onsite drawing mark-ups.
- Reviews own drawings for quality and accuracy and understand and utilize company-drafting standards and procedures.
- High School Diploma
- Have strong communication skills and willing to ask questions when needed
- Possess a strong computer aptitude in a Windows environment with basic knowledge in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and with proven ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Proactive and focused on a specified task and must be deadline oriented, and able to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and well with others in a team environment.
- Be able to follow standardized systems
Applicants with experience and knowledge in the following areas are preferred:
- Basic Computer Programming Skills
- Comfortable with basic math skills
- Have reliable transportation to and from the office
We value our employees and know they are critical to our overall success. We offer competitive compensation, paid major holidays, benefits programs, and opportunities for advancement in both career and educational goals.
We provide all training required and will pay you an hourly wage based on experience during training period (generally a week or two based upon need). The amount of work available to you will depend on the quality and speed of your work along with your ability to communicate the status of projects with us. Workflow does vary also with the time of the year following construction season.